Have you been feeling uncomfortable because of the appearance of red patches, bumps or blisters on your skin? You have no idea where they came from, or even how you got them, but you want them treated as quickly as possible. Dr. Steve Musick, and his team of highly skilled dermatology professionals are here to help you.
WHAT ARE RASHES?
Rashes are “usually” a harmless condition caused by any number of a variety of other conditions including:
- Atopic Dermatitis, the most common form of eczema.
- Bacterial Infections, such as impetigo.
- Contact Dermatitis, a type of eczema caused by coming into contact with an allergen.
- Chronic skin problems, such as acne, psoriasis or seborrheic dermatitis.
- Fungal Infections, such as “ringworm” or and yeast infection.
- Viral Infections, such as shingles and “fever blisters”.
- Simple allergic reactions from soaps, laundry detergents and shampoos.
Do not let a rash that suddenly appears and does not go away remain untreated. It can also be a sign of other more serious illness such as Lyme disease, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, liver disease, kidney disease or some types of cancers.
TREATMENT OF RASHES
Dr. Musick may prescribe an over-the-counter (retail) topical product, a prescription topical or oral medication such as corticosteroids or antibiotics to treat the various rashes. Proper diagnosis is most important in order choose the best therapy.
Dr. Steve Musick is a Board-Certified Dermatologist by The American Board of Dermatology and treats all types of skin conditions in the Swansea, IL and St. Louis metropolitan area. There are numerous treatments that Dr. Musick and his team can perform, and it is best to make an appointment for proper evaluation of any skin condition.
To make an appointment, call Musick Dermatology in Swansea, IL today at 618-628-2588. We accept most health insurance programs.